Dental implants in Ukraine
Dentistry is one of the most rapidly and successfully developing medical fields in Ukraine. Over 50% of all medical tourists in the country come directly for dental treatment. Private Ukrainian dental clinics have long ago reached the level of European and are considered the best in CIS.
|Dental Implants manufacturer||Prices in 2022||Survival rate|
|Straumann implant (Swiss production)||800 euro||99,6%|
|In-Kone Tekka implant (Swiss production)||535 euro||99,2%|
|Mis implant (Israel)||490 euro||98%|
|Alfa Bio implant (Israel)||400 euro||98%|
|Simple Swiss implant (Swiss production)||380 euro||97%|
|Nobel Biocare implant (Swiss production)||800 euro||99,7%|
Best clinics in Ukraine
How do we choose the best treatment in Ukraine?
One of the most rapidly and extensively developing areas in medicine is dentistry. Statistics on dentistry in Ukraine:
- 7 out of 10 private clinics in Ukraine are stomatological
- 90% of services provided by "dentists", provides the private segment of dentistry
- The highest passing mark to higher educational institutions of Ukraine (all, but not only medical) is the specialty "dentist": 193,494 according to
- Dentistry, along with ophthalmology and cardiology, is the most popular medical tourism destination in the country. First of all, for citizens of EU countries
- Lower cost of treatment and diagnostics than in the patient's country.
- More modern medical technology.
- Highly qualified medical care and service
- Time factor (when waiting for medical services in the client's country for a long time).
- Unsatisfied with quality or cost of medical services in own country.
- Individual preferences of the patient.
Feedback from our clients
The key to success of Ukrainian dentistry is based on many years of practice, sharing experience with foreign colleagues, implementing advanced technologies, modern equipment and, of course, high quality service and individual approach to every client.
Despite the general high level of dentists all over the country, still it is possible to separate some cities, which are rightfully considered the centers of dental care in Ukraine: Kharkov, Kiev, Lvov, Odessa. Exactly here the most new technologies are tested, the most complicated cases are treated and the widest range of services in this sphere is provided.
One of the main reasons for foreign tourists to visit Ukrainian dental clinics is the loss of one or several teeth and, as a result, the need for prosthetics.
Modern dentistry offers three optimal solutions for this problem:
- Removable prosthetics.
- Fixed prosthetics.
- Implant dentures.
Each has its own benefits, and only a dentist can tell you exactly which option is right for you after a personal exam or consultation with your medical records.
Keep in mind that any medical intervention on your body must be coordinated with your individual needs.
Today, the most in-demand and up-to-date treatment is implant prosthetics. Most patients opt for it, especially those from abroad.
This is completely understandable, because this method has a number of positive points:
- Quick habituation. Most patients get used to their new teeth in 2-3 days.
- Attractive appearance. The possibility to perfectly match the shape and even the color of the tooth, which makes the implant as harmonious as possible.
- A high survival rate. Implants of high quality take root with a probability of 99.7%.
- Long service life. The service life of such implants is 10-20 years on average, depending on the manufacturer that you choose. Well-known international brands also offer a lifetime guarantee on their products.
- Safety for the remaining teeth. With the placement of a few teeth, rather than the entire row, there is no need to grind down, and therefore additional trauma, the neighboring teeth.
- No strict diet. Once the implant has successfully taken root, you will have no problem eating solid foods. Everything will be the same as with your own teeth.
Let's now take a closer look at what implant dentures are all about.
Implant prosthetics is a method of prosthetics in which special implants made of titanium, which is very strong and biocompatible, are placed in the jaw, and a denture that fully simulates a tooth is placed on these pins.
- Such restoration can be used for one or more teeth, in which case the crown remains fixed.
- Or it can be used to replace an entire row of teeth. Several implants are then placed in the jaw, on which the entire row is supported and can be easily removed.
- The titanium post. It is implanted into the bone of the tooth to imitate the roots, and it is responsible for the stability and fixation of the crown.
- Abutment. An element that is placed over the gingiva and connects the titanium post and crown. The attachment can be screw-retained, which means the crown is screwed on, or it can be cemented in place using dental cement. The abutment can be made of metal, plastic or zirconium. Depending on the financial capabilities of the patient.
- The crown is the most important visual component of the implant. Here, it all depends on the skills of your dentist. An experienced specialist will be able to perfectly recreate both the shape and color of the lost tooth. This means that the process of getting used to it will go much faster.
When choosing implants, you should understand that implants are, in the first place, a surgical procedure. And the whole process takes place in several stages:
- Diagnostics. Examination by a doctor, tests, computed tomography.
- The choice of the method of prosthesis depending on the results of tests and examination. Fitting.
- Operation between 30 minutes to several hours.
- Rehabilitation period.
- Crown placement.
One-step implants installation. The doctor places a post in about an hour, under anesthesia, and if there are no contraindications, a temporary crown is put in place the same day. The permanent crown is fixed after about 3-6 months.
This method is quite economical, keeps the shape of gums, and is convenient because it requires only one operation, and produces immediate aesthetic results.
However, it is not suitable for everyone, and is most commonly used on anterior teeth.
Two-stage (delayed-loading) implants placement. The first stage involves installation of a titanium post, allowing 3-6 months for implantation, and only then is the abutment with a crown installed.
This method is considered more reliable, though it takes more time. But the possibility of rejection or loosening of the implant is minimized.
Service life and usability of implants mostly depend on the quality of the product itself.
Ukrainian market offers a wide range of implants with different price range:
- Premium segment: Straumann (Switzerland), Astra Tech (Sweden-USA), Nobel Biocare (USA-Switzerland).
- Medium price segment: Osstem (South Korea), Ankylos, Xive (Germany), Biohorizons (USA), Any One, Any Ridge (South Korea), In-Kone Tekka (France-Switzerland), Implantium (South Korea).
- Economy: Alpha Bio, Mis, Dif (Israel), Simple Swiss (Switzerland), implants from other manufacturers (Russia, Ukraine, etc.).
Implant prosthetics, of course, has many advantages over its older counterparts. One of the main advantages is its durability. The titanium post itself is installed for more than 30 years, and the dental crown from 3 to 20 years.
In rare cases, the stated period may be several times shorter.
But! There are several reasons for this:
- Poor quality of the material used.
- Errors in the installation of the dental technician.
- The health condition of the patient.
- Failure to follow the rules of hygiene.
In other cases, using implants is almost a perfect solution. Once and for life!
Before making a final decision on the choice of denture method, we advise you to have an online consultation with a specialist at one of the dental clinics you like. Contact us and we will arrange a consultation at a convenient time for you.
Opinion of the specialist will help you to take a right decision, save your money and save your health.
Get treated in Ukraine! Travel across Ukraine! Be Healthy!