Dental implants in Ukraine
Dentistry is one of the most rapidly and successfully developing medical fields in Ukraine. Over 50% of all medical tourists in the country come directly for dental treatment. Private Ukrainian dental clinics have long ago reached the level of European and are considered the best in CIS.
|Dental Implants manufacturer||Prices in 2022||Survival rate|
|Straumann implant (Swiss production)||800 euro||99,6%|
|In-Kone Tekka implant (Swiss production)||535 euro||99,2%|
|Mis implant (Israel)||490 euro||98%|
|Alfa Bio implant (Israel)||400 euro||98%|
|Simple Swiss implant (Swiss production)||380 euro||97%|
|Nobel Biocare implant (Swiss production)||800 euro||99,7%|
Prices for dental implants in Ukraine and Survival rate
Best clinics in Ukraine
How do we choose the best treatment in Ukraine?
One of the most rapidly and extensively developing areas in medicine is dentistry. Statistics on dentistry in Ukraine:
- 7 out of 10 private clinics in Ukraine are stomatological
- 90% of services provided by "dentists", provides the private segment of dentistry
- The highest passing mark to higher educational institutions of Ukraine (all, but not only medical) is the specialty "dentist": 193,494 according to
- Dentistry, along with ophthalmology and cardiology, is the most popular medical tourism destination in the country. First of all, for citizens of EU countries
- Lower cost of treatment and diagnostics than in the patient's country.
- More modern medical technology.
- Highly qualified medical care and service
- Time factor (when waiting for medical services in the client's country for a long time).
- Unsatisfied with quality or cost of medical services in own country.
- Individual preferences of the patient.
Feedback from our clients
The key to success of Ukrainian dentistry is based on many years of practice, sharing experience with foreign colleagues, implementing advanced technologies, modern equipment and, of course, high quality service and individual approach to every client.
Despite the general high level of dentists all over the country, still it is possible to separate some cities, which are rightfully considered the centers of dental care in Ukraine: Kharkov, Kiev, Lvov, Odessa. Exactly here the most new technologies are tested, the most complicated cases are treated and the widest range of services in this sphere is provided.
One of the main reasons for foreign tourists to visit Ukrainian dental clinics is the loss of one or several teeth and, as a result, the need for prosthetics.
Modern dentistry offers three optimal solutions for this problem:
- Removable prosthetics.
- Fixed prosthetics.
- Implant dentures.
Each has its own benefits, and only a dentist can tell you exactly which option is right for you after a personal exam or consultation with your medical records.
Keep in mind that any medical intervention on your body must be coordinated with your individual needs.
Today, the most in-demand and up-to-date treatment is implant prosthetics. Most patients opt for it, especially those from abroad.
This is completely understandable, because this method has a number of positive points:
- Quick habituation. Most patients get used to their new teeth in 2-3 days.
- Attractive appearance. The possibility to perfectly match the shape and even the color of the tooth, which makes the implant as harmonious as possible.
- A high survival rate. Implants of high quality take root with a probability of 99.7%.
- Long service life. The service life of such implants is 10-20 years on average, depending on the manufacturer that you choose. Well-known international brands also offer a lifetime guarantee on their products.
- Safety for the remaining teeth. With the placement of a few teeth, rather than the entire row, there is no need to grind down, and therefore additional trauma, the neighboring teeth.
- No strict diet. Once the implant has successfully taken root, you will have no problem eating solid foods. Everything will be the same as with your own teeth.
Let's now take a closer look at what implant dentures are all about.
Implant prosthetics is a method of prosthetics in which special implants made of titanium, which is very strong and biocompatible, are placed in the jaw, and a denture that fully simulates a tooth is placed on these pins.
- Such restoration can be used for one or more teeth, in which case the crown remains fixed.
- Or it can be used to replace an entire row of teeth. Several implants are then placed in the jaw, on which the entire row is supported and can be easily removed.
- The titanium post. It is implanted into the bone of the tooth to imitate the roots, and it is responsible for the stability and fixation of the crown.
- Abutment. An element that is placed over the gingiva and connects the titanium post and crown. The attachment can be screw-retained, which means the crown is screwed on, or it can be cemented in place using dental cement. The abutment can be made of metal, plastic or zirconium. Depending on the financial capabilities of the patient.
- The crown is the most important visual component of the implant. Here, it all depends on the skills of your dentist. An experienced specialist will be able to perfectly recreate both the shape and color of the lost tooth. This means that the process of getting used to it will go much faster.
When choosing implants, you should understand that implants are, in the first place, a surgical procedure. And the whole process takes place in several stages:
- Diagnostics. Examination by a doctor, tests, computed tomography.
- The choice of the method of prosthesis depending on the results of tests and examination. Fitting.
- Operation between 30 minutes to several hours.
- Rehabilitation period.
- Crown placement.
Fabrication of dental implants
To replace a missing tooth, an implant-based dental crown is created individually for each patient. Each of us has different teeth (not without reason, people can be identified by their teeth and fingerprints), which means that there is no mass production of ready-made dental crowns that can be used in prosthetics. Each dental crown is made specifically for each patient and is created by the dentist in collaboration with a dental technical laboratory.
Behind a single tooth is the work of an entire team, which, of course, is reflected in the overall price for the treatment. The natural appearance and durability of the prosthetic structure depends on the materials and the precision of the "manufacturing" steps of the entire dental crown. The creation of a dental crown on the basis of a dental implant takes several days. At least five specialists are involved in its creation. Unfortunately, not all patients are aware of this and think that it is not a labor-intensive job.
One-step implants installation. The doctor places a post in about an hour, under anesthesia, and if there are no contraindications, a temporary crown is put in place the same day. The permanent crown is fixed after about 3-6 months.
This method is quite economical, keeps the shape of gums, and is convenient because it requires only one operation, and produces immediate aesthetic results.
However, it is not suitable for everyone, and is most commonly used on anterior teeth.
Two-stage (delayed-loading) implants placement. The first stage involves installation of a titanium post, allowing 3-6 months for implantation, and only then is the abutment with a crown installed.
This method is considered more reliable, though it takes more time. But the possibility of rejection or loosening of the implant is minimized.
Service life and usability of implants mostly depend on the quality of the product itself.
Ukrainian market offers a wide range of implants with different price range:
- Premium segment: Straumann (Switzerland), Astra Tech (Sweden-USA), Nobel Biocare (USA-Switzerland).
- Medium price segment: Osstem (South Korea), Ankylos, Xive (Germany), Biohorizons (USA), Any One, Any Ridge (South Korea), In-Kone Tekka (France-Switzerland), Implantium (South Korea).
- Economy: Alpha Bio, Mis, Dif (Israel), Simple Swiss (Switzerland), implants from other manufacturers (Russia, Ukraine, etc.).
Teeht Implants are getting cheaper
Today, prosthodontists are often faced with the following situation: A patient needs a few replacement teeth, and in principle would like to put implants, but is not ready to do it immediately, for example, for financial reasons (unfortunately, so far this procedure is not cheap, although prices are constantly falling as implant materials and systems become cheaper). Then he can first have a removable partial denture made, and then, a year and a half later, implants "implanted". Combined dentures - removable structures with implants - are also being made today.
Implants have a lifespan of at least 10 years. If they are inserted with the correct calculation of all loads, the implant will "wear out" only 10-15% over that period and can continue to serve. If the artificial root is still removed for some reason, a new one can be inserted in its place. Overall, according to statistics, 80% of implants last over 20 years, but it is only necessary to periodically visit a dentist to replace the crown with a more appropriate size and shade, because over the years, their own teeth wear out and change color.
Over the past 10 years the number of contraindications for implants has decreased significantly. Questions about the survival rate of "artificial roots" have been practically solved - their surface is treated with titanium dioxide, so they reliably interact with the bone tissue.
Modern methods of maxillofacial surgery can quite successfully cope with a few "anatomical" contraindications for implants, such as too "narrow" jaw (that is, atrophy of bone tissue, if the tooth was extracted a long time ago) or too close location of maxillary sinuses. There are not many real contraindications today. They are mostly the presence of insulin-dependent diabetes, osteoporosis, thyroid and parathyroid gland dysfunction, metabolic disorders that affect bone structure. There may also be problems with implant engraftment in people who have undergone chemotherapy after oncological diseases.
Ways to install dental implants cheaper
The price of implants has a significant impact on the cost of implants in general. As we wrote above - there are expensive implants and there are systems that can be purchased cheaply. But you can't skimp on implants at all. If you buy an unknown brand and unknown quality product, you can face high risks of allergic reactions, rejection of implants and even implant failure. The cost of repairing these problems is very high, and therefore the savings are questionable.
Inexpensive dental crowns
Turnkey implants can be done inexpensively if you choose a budget-friendly crown option for permanent dentures. For example, metal-ceramic crowns or metal crowns. Metal crowns are inexpensive and can be used for implant placement in the chewing area. When restoring anterior teeth that fall within the smile zone, aesthetics are important and therefore metal crowns are not suitable, but if you choose metal-ceramic crowns, it is quite possible to get an inexpensive implant.
Inexpensive Implant Method
The most expensive implant technology is considered to be the classic two-step surgery, which almost always requires preliminary bone grafting. Therefore, if you want to do inexpensive dental implants - do not delay with their restoration until serious bone atrophy. If you do implantation immediately after extraction or loss of a tooth - a one-step method can be used, which is cheap compared to classic implantation.
Choosing a good clinic for inexpensive teeth implants
Different clinics offer different prices for dental implants. This may have to do with the location of the clinic and the level of its facilities and the qualifications of its staff. The last two points are very important when choosing a dentistry for implants! Of course, clinics that do not have experienced dentists and modern equipment will offer lower prices for implants, but treatment in a medical facility may be fraught with various unpleasant consequences for the patient!
Implant prosthetics, of course, has many advantages over its older counterparts. One of the main advantages is its durability. The titanium post itself is installed for more than 30 years, and the dental crown from 3 to 20 years.
In rare cases, the stated period may be several times shorter.
Additional auxiliary procedures, such as bone grafting or bone augmentation, may also be necessary for an effective and reliable implantation to restore and replace some of the bone tissue that may have been lost over time. Only if there is sufficient bone volume will the implant take root reliably and be able to withstand the daily stresses without the chance of falling out and damaging neighboring tissues. In these cases, the cost of implantation in Ukraine may be $200 or more, not including supplies. In the US and Europe, the cost of restoring one section of bone to place an implant starts at $600-700 and can go as high as $4000-5000.
If a patient requires multiple implants, the total cost of the medical procedure will increase depending on the number of missing teeth and the number of implants needed. There is a common misconception that an implant is needed for every missing tooth. Often, if there are large gaps in the tooth row, when, for example, three teeth are missing in a row, only two implants may be needed. However, to restore three teeth with two implants, you will need an intermediate or "dummy tooth" that connects the two implants. Costs may vary depending on the individual patient's oral needs, associated costs, the number of dental crowns needed, and the materials used.
Given the cost, it is tempting to simply remove the bothering tooth and not replace it with a dental implant. However, we still recommend that you don't make this decision too lightly. In the end, not replacing it can cost you a lot more.
A missing tooth can damage your self-esteem, as you will constantly feel ashamed of not having a tooth.
However, it can also lead to more serious dental problems. Over time, neighboring teeth will shift in place of the missing tooth toward each other, trying to fill the gap. This can cause problems with the surrounding teeth and even complicate your bite.
Gum disease is another common problem that can occur if the teeth and gums surrounding the extracted tooth are not well taken care of. And this will lead to the fact that instead of one implant, you will soon have to have several implants.
Lack of teeth can also cause digestive problems. If food is not chewed properly, it causes acid reflux and a lack of nutrients that are not absorbed into the body. All of your teeth are necessary for proper chewing, no matter how useless they may seem.
The possibilities of dentistry today are staggering. Every day thousands of people regain the ability to live, eat, and smile normally. It is frightening to think that just a couple of decades ago, a removable jaw was the only way to solve the problem of missing teeth.
Dental implants, despite their high price, are a real opportunity to continue enjoying life and not feeling uncomfortable with every smile.
Come to Ukraine, we'll help you to live every moment of your life with a beautiful and sincere smile!
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to be a substitute for such advice or treatment by a personal physician. All readers of this material are advised to consult their own physicians or qualified health care professionals. UAmedTOURS is not responsible for the possible health consequences to any person or persons reading or following the information contained in this educational content. All readers of this content, especially those who take prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before making any changes in their diet, lifestyle, taking pills, or other facts that may affect your physical and psychological health.