Ophthalmology in Ukraine
Ophthalmology in Ukraine is developing rapidly. More and more modern and innovative methods of diagnosing complex diseases of the visual organ are being introduced, and effective therapy is being developed. Ophthalmology clinics apply laser methods of visual acuity correction and practice partial or full eyeball prosthetics.
The main reasons for seeking help from a specialist include:
- inflammatory processes of the visual organ;
- traumatic injuries;
The clinical manifestations of eye disease are varied. It is necessary to seek help in the clinic of modern ophthalmology when you have:
- sensation of a foreign body or small grains of sand on the mucosa of the eye;
- a narrowing of the fields of vision;
- increased ocular pressure;
- soreness in the eyeball;
- fever, flickers, lightning, or fog in front of the eyes;
- redness of the conjunctiva;
- double vision;
- changes in the shape, diameter, asymmetry of the pupils;
- decreased visual acuity;
- purulent discharge from the eye.
The best diagnostics which an ophthalmology clinic can offer is carried out by experienced specialists with high-tech equipment of domestic and foreign production. Each center of ophthalmology selects individual tactics of examination for a patient with pathology of the visual organ, which depends on complaints and includes:
- standard assessment of visual acuity, examination of the fundus and measurement of intraocular pressure.
- optical coherence tomography - an ultramodern method of examination, which gives an opportunity to evaluate the condition of the retina and optic nerve. 3.
- aberrometry - used to diagnose short sightedness, farsightedness and the type of lens curvature changes seen with astigmatism.
- ultrasound biomicroscopy - an innovative method of examination, which uses ultrasound waves to assess the condition of the structures of the eye: lens, cornea, iris, ciliary muscles, optic nerve.
- retinal vascular dopplerography - examination of blood flow in the central retinal artery and its small branches.
- computer perimetry - assessment of visual fields, which may be altered by glaucoma, dystrophic retinal diseases, optic nerve atrophy.
The Clinic of Ophthalmology offers a full range of medical services that allow patients to restore vision, improve the outflow of intraocular fluid, prevent further cellular detachment, and eliminate cosmetic defects in the eye cavity.
- laser techniques are used to correct myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, and keratoconus. The treatment is absolutely painless, atraumatic, fast and permanently eliminates the need for lenses or glasses. Laser beams are used to destroy the intraocular blocks which interfere with the normal outflow of fluid in glaucoma. Surgical intervention normalizes the intraocular pressure and reduces degenerative processes in the retina.
- microsurgical treatment is performed for cataract, with the aim of removing the crystalline lens and implanting its prosthesis, which does not make the patient uncomfortable and does not require a long rehabilitation period.
- cross-linking is a combined therapeutic and laser treatment of the cornea, stimulating the formation of collagen fibers and blocking the progression of keratoconus. Today, this method is one of the best options that ophthalmology clinics can offer for the treatment of this disease.
- plastic surgery is successfully performed for drooping upper eyelids and strabismus in children.
Cure vision disorders in Ukraine is a reliable way to once and for all regain the ability to see, forget about glasses and painful feelings. Contact us, and we will help you find the best eye clinic for you.
Best clinics in Ukraine
How do we choose the best treatment in Ukraine?
The clinics in our catalog were chosen based on the principle of the highest possible level of service, modern equipment and the opinion of independent doctors.
We tried to choose hotels that were in convenient locations so that it was easy to get to the airport or the clinic. But the first most important factor was, of course, comfort and the highest level of service.
There are many treatment centers in Ukraine where you can be treated for chronic care. The treatment period is about two or four weeks. Areas of treatment: osteopathy, gastroenterology, systemic diseases (including children), cardiology and many others.