IVF in Ukraine: clinics, prices
According to the World Health Organization, every eighth couple in the world has difficulty conceiving a child.
If previously there was a myth that infertility was a strictly female problem, today research results say that the frequency of such a diagnosis is equal for both spouses.
In this article we will talk about women's health and the problems they face most often when they want to get pregnant.
Two main problems can be identified for the occurrence of a natural pregnancy:
- Health. According to the 2017 American National Family Growth Survey, 13.1 percent of women between the ages of 15 and 44 have fertility problems.
The most common are endocrine problems (polycystic ovaries, endometriosis), fallopian tube obstruction, or genetic diseases.
The issue of excessive weight is very acute. In countries such as the USA, Mexico, New Zealand, where the percentage of obesity is over 30%, it is one of the main causes of infertility.
- Age. More and more couples are postponing pregnancy until later in life, waiting for financial stability, career advancement, and deciding to become pregnant after all, face a serious problem.
Unfortunately, a woman's age affects her chances of getting pregnant, and they are more vulnerable in this matter. The decline in reproductive ability in women is observed from the age of 35-37, and in men from 40-45.
Each woman is born with a certain number of eggs. With age, the number of healthy and chromosomal abnormality-free eggs decreases:
- Under 35, the chance of pregnancy is 38-40%;
- 35-40 years old 30%;
- After 40 years of age, the chance of getting pregnant drops to 16-18%.
Unlike women, men's sperm count does not decrease with age. Its quality suffers. Older men often produce more sperm with chromosomal abnormalities (particularly diploidia) and reduced viability.
Modern medicine makes it possible to overcome infertility - in 1977 the first successful in vitro fertilization (IVF) was performed.
IVF - is an assisted reproductive technology, which provides an opportunity to become pregnant and give birth to a healthy child. Over 44 years of practice, over seven million children have been born using this method. And their number is only increasing every year.
History of IVF in Ukraine began in 1983, and in 1991, the country's first baby conceived in laboratory conditions was born.
Clinic pioneer of Ukrainian reproductive technology is still in operation and is one of the best in the country - Academician Grishchenko Clinic in Kharkov.
Best clinics in Ukraine
How do we choose the best treatment in Ukraine?
Feedback from our clients
In-vitro fertilization procedure consists of several stages:
- Sperm collection from men and oocytes from women (this method provides for the possibility to use donor material).
- Fertilization in the laboratory by In vitro or ICSI. 3.
- The incubation period of the fertilized egg growth - 3-5 days.
- High quality embryos are implanted into the uterus of the woman, where the fetus will develop further.
What do couples most often fear?
Failure. Yes, indeed, considering the cost of the course and all the risks, couples are most often afraid that IVF will be unsuccessful.
Unfortunately, the statistics is that even with good indicators and the right age, the probability of getting pregnant from the first, and even the second time, is not 100 percent. But statistics show that there is no need to give up and give up.
Average success rates of fertilization by Ukrainian clinics:
- Clinical pregnancy rate after the first embryo transfer - 51,1%
- Clinical pregnancy rate after two successive embryo transfers - 67.3%
- Clinical pregnancy rate after three consecutive embryo transfers - 70.6%
Why do many foreigners come to Ukraine for IVF?
- High success rate of the procedure. According to the data of Ukrainian association of reproductive medicine, the success rate of IVF here reaches 35% (per 100 cycles). The rate of successful fertility is 27% (per 100 cycles). While according to the statistics of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, in Europe the figure is 25%.
- Flexible reproductive policy of the state. There are several aspects that should be emphasized here.
First of all, all assisted reproductive technologies are under state control and are legal. They meet international standards, and clinics have ISO quality certificates.
Secondly, in Ukraine there are no age restrictions like in Europe and America, where women under 42 are often refused clinical insemination.
Third, preimplantation genetic diagnosis of the embryo is allowed in our country to make sure that it has no genetic abnormalities. This procedure is prohibited in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy, for example.
- Cost of the procedure. Even with partial insurance coverage, IVF costs in the U.S. and Europe remain exorbitant for most of its residents.
In-vitro fertilization price comparison:
Ukrainian reproducers have repeatedly proven their level of professionalism. For over twenty years they have been helping families around the world with infertility problems, and we invite you not only to Ukraine for treatment, but also to rest in our beautiful country!