Gynecology in Ukraine
A gynecologist works to prevent and treat diseases of the vulva, vagina, uterus and cervix, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. Gynecologists monitor reproductive health, manage pregnancy and treat infertility.
The gynecologist is visited not only with diseases of the female genitalia. Preventive measures form a considerable part of his activity: examination of the cervix and cytology smears from the age of 21 allow detecting precancerous changes in advance and taking preventive measures. The gynecologist will detect human papillomavirus and make a monitoring program for its complications. Will offer a comfortable method of contraception. At the onset of menopause he will select a replacement therapy.
- bacterial vaginosis
- sexually transmitted infections
- vulvitis, vulvovaginitis, colpitis
- myoma and other uterine tumors
- endometrial tumors
- ovarian dysfunction, ovarian cysts, ovarian apoplexy
- menstrual cycle disorders (dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, etc.)
- depth of the vaginal and uterine walls, and the resultant urinary incontinence
- ectopic pregnancy
- vaginal and inguinal itching, clitoral hypersensitivity.
- pain in the suprapubic area
- pain and itching in the vagina
- abnormal vaginal discharge
- vaginal bleeding
- irregular, too little, heavy or painful menstruation
- pain and discomfort during intercourse
- misery, vaginal dryness, hot flashes during menopause
- not getting pregnant on a regular basis without contraception for a year
A visit to an obstetrician-gynecologist is necessary in the following situations:
- if you have any of the painful symptoms listed above;
- if contraception needs to be chosen;
- if you want to receive hormone replacement therapy during menopause to maintain your quality of life;
- for the prevention of cervical cancer and other gynecological diseases;
- for suspected pregnancies and for pregnancy management.
A gynecologist's appointment consists of several stages:
Consultation with a gynecologist
First, the doctor will listen to you, what was the reason for your visit? He will find out the history of the disease - when the symptoms appeared, how often they bother you, and whether you have been diagnosed and treated before.
A mandatory component of a gynecologist's consultation is a visual gynecological examination and palpation. This intimate process is an important diagnostic step. Many diseases can be detected by this "old-fashioned" method. Neutral directional light from a surgical lamp is critical for quality examination. During the examination, the gynecologist uses disposable mirrors instruments, which are selected individually by size, based on the anatomical features of the patient.
Diagnosis of gynecological diseases
Visualization of the walls of the vagina and especially the cervix often requires the use of a magnifying device - colposcope.
Optical or videocolposcope allows obtaining a high-quality image of the organ, enlarged dozens of times, identifying painful abnormalities not visible to the naked eye.
Both for long-term diagnosis and for preventive studies, smears are taken from the walls of the vagina and cervix. Examination of this material allows a highly accurate detection of sexually transmitted infections and precursors of cancer long before they appear. Especially in terms of diagnosing the processes of the onset of cancer transformation, the liquid cytological study is informative. We suggest having it done, if necessary. If during the study a gynecologist finds a suspicious mass, he will take a biopsy (a small piece of tissue for histological examination), if the patient agrees.
If necessary, if the doctor suspects that a disease is developing in the uterine cavity, hysteroscopy (examination of the uterus from the inside using special optics) and a separate diagnostic curettage may be prescribed. These methods are painful and are performed under anesthesia.
Treatment at the gynecologist
Treatment can be quite varied, depending on the nature of the problem.
Gynecologists find infections and treat them with antibiotics.
Gynecologists may prescribe sexual (and not only) hormones for endocrine disorders related to the sexual sphere. They use ointments and suppositories for local treatment.
Above all, a gynecologist is a female surgeon.
All gynecologists do manipulations and surgeries. Outpatient - removal of condylomas, diagnostic curettage, biopsy. Most of the gynecologists at the clinics we represent have extensive inpatient experience and experience in "big" gynecologic surgery.
How do we choose the best treatment in Ukraine?
Best clinics in Ukraine
Feedback from our clients
On our site you will find the best clinics for gynecological diseases. And we, in our turn, will do everything to make your stay in Ukraine leave only the best memories.