Teeth whitening in Ukraine
A smile is an integral part of our image. We all want to shine with snow-white teeth, like actors in favorite movies and celebrities. But unfortunately the reality is that few of us can boast such white teeth.
Most people's enamel color is naturally yellow or gray. Add to this smoking, colorful foods (tea, coffee, red wine, beets, tomato paste, soy sauce), color changes due to age and the picture is very far from ideal.
But, nevertheless, the number of people who want to have a snow-white Hollywood smile increases every year. And if someone is ready for that radical measures and sets veneers, most stop at a more gentle option - namely, teeth whitening.
Teeth whitening is the procedure of changing the shade of tooth enamel with the help of chemical, laser, ultrasonic and other professional dental methods.
How do we choose the best treatment in Ukraine?
Best clinics in Ukraine
Feedback from our clients
In Ukraine, teeth whitening is carried out in several ways:
The most gentle method of whitening. It does not distort the color of your enamel, but returns its natural shade. When it is used, no extraneous solutions are used. The dentist can use ultrasound or the Air Flow method. In both cases, the dentist removes plaque, calculus, and any impurities from the enamel that distort the natural color of your teeth. The teeth are then polished and treated with a protective treatment.
Price: starting at 20 euros.
Result: Restoration of the natural tooth color.
Approximate duration of the effect: From six months to a year.
Before the procedure, a hygienic cleaning of the teeth is performed. The gums are then covered with a special latex sheet or a special protective compound, and the soft tissues of the mouth are fixed with dental retractors. A gel based on 40% hydrogen peroxide solution is applied to the teeth. Neither laser nor ultraviolet light is used. After 15-20 minutes, the gel is rinsed off. The procedure can be repeated several times to achieve a brighter result.
Price: from 40 euro.
Result: Brightening of hair by 5-7 tones.
Approximate duration of the effect: A year.
As with chemical whitening, the first thing the dentist does is remove plaque and stones from your teeth. Soft tissues are isolated so that they are not harmed, and the patient's eyes are covered with protective goggles. A special gel is applied to the enamel and activated using a laser. Oxygen molecules penetrate into the deeper layers of the tooth enamel, they remove the pigmentation that has accumulated there. The procedure takes up to 40 minutes. After the treatment, the teeth are treated with a potassium and fluoride solution to protect the enamel.
Price: from 65 euros.
Result: Brightening up to 8-10 tones.
Approximate duration of the effect: Between a year and a year and a half.
- Photo whitening
Teeth are cleaned hygienically, a protective compound is applied to the gums, and the remaining soft tissues are isolated with holders as much as possible. A hydrogen peroxide-based gel is applied to the teeth, and then it is imprinted under a lamp. Ultraviolet, halogen or diode lamps can be used. The treatment time is up to 30 minutes. The procedure can be done 3-5 times in one visit. After the treatment, the gel is removed and the enamel is covered with a protective composition of fluoride.
Price: from 50 euros.
Result: Brightening to 8-12 tones.
Approximate duration of the effect: Up to two years.
What do you need to know?
- It is not possible to order a specific tooth color. No dentist will be able to tell you for sure what exact shade of teeth you will get after whitening, or fit it to the desired one hundred percent. The doctor can only guess, based on his experience and depending on the features of your enamel.
- Duration of the procedure. There is no exact time frame for such procedures. It all depends on the equipment, the skills of the doctor himself and how much whiter teeth you want to achieve.
- Effect of teeth whitening. It may last six months or several years regardless of the whitening method you choose. This also affects your eating habits, smoking, age, how you care for your teeth and the condition of your enamel.
- Crowns, fillings, implants, veneers. Unfortunately, but it is impossible to whiten them, which means that if they are in prominent places, teeth whitening is contraindicated for you. To whiten them, you should have them completely replaced with new ones.
- Intracanal whitening or endo-whitening. This method is used if the tooth is severely darkened after treatment and filling the root canals. The doctor removes the filling, fills the empty space with bleaching gel and puts a temporary filling. When the tooth has acquired the desired color, the tooth is restored. And this is the only option when whitening is done with "non-living" teeth.
- Allergic reaction to components of whitening systems.
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Bleaching is not desirable before the age of 16 years.
- Treatment with photosensitive medications.
- Pathological or age-related abrasion of enamel.
- Deep cracks on the tooth surface.
- Gum disease.
- Bare root areas of the teeth.
All this and many other dental services you can get in Ukraine.
We are friendly, hospitable, our country is easy to visit, and you do not need a visa. Our clinics are equipped with modern equipment and doctors are professionals. And the best thing is that the prices in Ukrainian clinics will allow you not only to receive treatment, but also to have a rest!
Travel throughout Ukraine! And be healthy!