How do we choose the best treatment?
Vacuum aspiration abortion in Kyiv
A vacuum-aspiration abortion, also known as a vacuum or mini-abortion, is a medical procedure performed in the first trimester of pregnancy, usually during the first 6-12 weeks. It is considered one of the safest and most common methods of pregnancy termination at this stage.
It's important to note that vacuum abortion is a medical procedure that should be performed by trained healthcare professionals in a safe and sterile environment. The decision to undergo an abortion is deeply personal, and individuals should consult with healthcare providers to discuss all available options and make an informed decision based on their unique circumstances.
Process of Vacuum Abortion
Vacuum abortion has clear guidelines for the procedure and their observance may affect the final result and the presence or absence of side effects that may affect your general and reproductive health, as well as the possibility of having children in the future.
Stages of vacuum abortion:
- Pre-Procedure Examination: Before the procedure, the healthcare provider will conduct a physical examination to confirm the stage of pregnancy. This often involves a pelvic examination and possibly an ultrasound.
- Preparation: Once the pregnancy stage is confirmed, the woman will be prepped for the procedure. This typically involves undressing from the waist down and lying on an examination table with feet in stirrups. The provider may administer medication to help relax the cervix or provide a local anesthetic to numb the area and reduce discomfort.
- Dilation of the Cervix: The healthcare provider will then dilate the cervix (the opening to the uterus). They may use medication or small instruments called dilators for this process. The amount of dilation needed depends on the stage of pregnancy.
- Aspiration: Once the cervix is dilated, the healthcare provider will insert a small tube called a cannula into the uterus. The cannula is attached to a suction device. The provider will use the suction to remove the pregnancy tissue from the uterus. The procedure typically takes 5 to 15 minutes.
- After the Procedure: Following the procedure, the woman will be monitored in a recovery area for a short time. Most women can go home the same day but should have someone available to accompany them.
- Follow-up: Usually a follow-up appointment is scheduled a few weeks after the procedure to make sure there is no pregnancy at all, all tissue has been removed, the woman's condition is stable and nothing is threatening her.
It's important to note that while vacuum aspiration is generally a safe procedure, it should always be performed by a qualified healthcare provider in a clean, safe clinical environment to minimize risks and complications. As with any medical procedure, individual experiences with vacuum aspiration can vary. The best source of personal medical advice and information is your gynecologist's provider.
Doctors See all doctors
Safety and Effectiveness
Despite being an invasive procedure, vacuum aspiration is generally safe and effective. Complications are rare, and most women can resume their normal activities within a few days.
Legal Status of Abortion in Kyiv, Ukraine
Abortion laws vary significantly worldwide, and Ukraine is no exception.
In Ukraine, abortion is legal on request during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. After this period, there are certain conditions under which a woman can have an abortion.
Vacuum-aspiration abortion clinics in Kiev
Access to safe and legal abortion services is very important. Here's what you need to know about clinics in Kyiv.
There are several accredited clinics in Kyiv that provide vacuum aspiration abortion services. These clinics adhere to strict medical protocols, ensuring the safety and health of patients.
For example, the «Kiymedical» Medical Center.
Qualification of medical workers
The medical professionals at these clinics are well-trained and experienced in performing vacuum aspiration procedures. They offer patient-centered care, respecting each woman's individual needs and circumstances.
The best gynecologists in Kyiv who perform the vacuum abortion procedure:
We recommend that you pay special attention not only to the choice of clinics for abortion but also to the selection of a qualified gynecologist who specializes in this procedure and has sufficient experience in this field.
The cost of vacuum aspiration abortion in Kyiv
The cost of vacuum aspiration can vary depending on various factors.
Factors that influence the cost
These factors may include the length of pregnancy, the type of anesthesia used, and the need for additional tests or medications.
The cost of vacuum abortion in Kyiv starts at 320 euros.
What to expect after the vacuum abortion procedure
- Physical recovery: Immediately after the procedure you may feel drowsy if sedation was used. It is normal to have cramps similar to period pains and light bleeding for a few days or even weeks after vacuum aspiration. The cramps can usually be relieved with over-the-counter pain relievers and sanitary pads can be used for bleeding.
- Rest: You will be recommended to rest on the day of the procedure, but most women can return to their normal activities within a day or two. Heavy physical activity and lifting should be avoided for at least a week to allow the body to recover.
- Post-procedure care instructions: Your gynecologist will give you specific instructions on how to take care of yourself after surgery. These usually include avoiding sex, tampons, and sprays for a period of time to prevent infection.
- Emotional Reaction: It is also important to note that women may experience different emotional reactions after an abortion. Feelings can range from relief to sadness, and it is normal to seek support and talk about these emotions. Many clinics offer or can refer you for counseling if needed.
- Follow-up visit: You will usually be scheduled for a follow-up visit a few weeks after the procedure. This is to make sure that the abortion has been fully performed and that you are recovering well both physically and emotionally. This is also the time to discuss your current contraception options if you want to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the future.
- Potential Complications: Although complications after vacuum aspiration are rare, it is important to contact your doctor if you experience heavy bleeding (soaking two or more pads per hour for two hours), severe abdominal pain, fever, or foul-smelling discharge, as this could be a sign of infection or another complication.
Remember that each woman's experience can be different, so it's important to consult with your doctor for individualized advice and information. You should always feel comfortable asking questions and make sure you understand what to expect during your recovery.
Abortion is a personal decision, and it is important that women have access to safe and legal services. There are several clinics in Kyiv that offer vacuum aspiration abortions at varying prices, and they are all performed by qualified medical professionals. Every woman deserves comprehensive care and support during this period, including care and counseling after the procedure.
To get all the necessary information about a visit to Kyiv for a vacuum abortion, women from abroad, can contact the managers of the company «UAmedTOURS».
Vacuum aspiration involves the dilation of the cervix and suctioning out the pregnancy tissue, which can cause discomfort. However, pain levels can vary significantly among women. Clinics often use local anesthesia to minimize discomfort during the procedure, and pain relievers can be used afterwards to manage any residual pain.
Recovery time from a vacuum aspiration procedure can vary, but most women return to their usual activities within a few days. It's recommended to rest and avoid strenuous activities for a day or two following the procedure. Regular follow-up with the clinic is crucial to ensure proper recovery and manage any potential complications.
Complications from vacuum aspiration are rare but can include infection, heavy bleeding, or injury to the uterus. Side effects may include cramping and light bleeding for several days. If heavy bleeding, severe pain, or other symptoms occur, medical attention should be sought immediately.
Yes, abortion is legal in Kyiv, Ukraine. Women can request an abortion without restrictions up to 12 weeks of pregnancy. After 12 weeks, certain conditions allow for legal abortion.
The cost of vacuum aspiration abortion in Kyiv can vary depending on several factors, such as the stage of pregnancy and the clinic chosen. The cost of vacuum abortion in Kyiv starts at 320 euros.