LASIK Surgery in Ukraine
How do we choose the best treatment?
Lasik laser vision correction has been widely used around the world for 35 years. During this time the procedure has changed from an innovative one to a quite ordinary and well-tested one. This method is used by ophthalmic surgeons in medical centers and clinics in 45 countries. Within the last ten years alone Lasik eye correction has been performed over 15 million times.
In Ukraine, the Lasik method has been used for over 20 years, and Ukrainian doctors have been trained in the best clinics in Europe and America. And the use of modern equipment makes this procedure as quick and effective as in any country of the world with advanced medicine.
The advantageous feature that ensures high demand for Lasik laser vision correction procedure in Ukraine for foreigners is the price of the surgery. It is several times lower than in European and American countries.
|Service name||Price, euros|
|Laser vision correction by Lasik procedure||455|
|Laser correction of vision according to Trans-PFC technique 5-D Sport Smart Surf||485|
|Laser vision correction by LASIK method 5-D Eye-Lasik||515|
|Laser vision correction by LASIK technique using "thin flap" technology||515|
* Prices are for January 2022. Check the current prices with the operator
Doctors See all doctors
The Lasik laser vision correction procedure can be divided into three stages:
- Diagnostics and preparation
DIAGNOSIS AND PREPARATION
Lasik procedure has no general parameters that are suitable for each patient. It is strictly individual and depends on the patient and his or her specific vision problems.
Prior to the correction, doctors conduct a thorough examination to identify the extent of the disorder. Data obtained as a result of diagnosis is entered into a computer which calculates parameters for laser impact on the inner cornea layers. This allows for maximum accuracy of vision correction.
LASIK LASER VISION CORRECTION PROCEDURE
The whole procedure takes not more than 15 minutes, and direct laser exposure lasts up to 60 seconds. Laser vision correction is considered to be one of the safest and most effective procedures for vision restoration in the world.
- The patient is injected pain-relieving drops into the eye (no anesthesia or anesthetic injections are used). After the medicine begins to work, the eyelid is fixed so that the patient cannot blink.
- During surgery, the patient is asked to look at the glowing dot in the device to center the position of the eye.
- The next step is to use a special device (microkeratome) to create a corneal tissue flap from the surface layers only 130-150 microns thick, then it is folded aside opening deeper cornea layers for the laser beam.
- The laser vaporizes part of the cornea, forming its new surface.
- The flap is put back in place and fixed by collagen, the cornea's own substance. It is worth noting that laser vision correction does not require suturing. Epithelium restoration along the edge of the flap occurs independently.
- And the last stage - the cornea is flushed with a special solution. The patient receives anti-inflammatory drops.
After Lasik laser correction procedure the patient stays in the clinic for 1,5-2 hours under supervision of an ophthalmologist. The first 30 minutes may cause discomfort and burning in the eyes. If all goes well and the patient is ready to go home, he is released from the clinic.
The first few days after surgery. These days are dangerous for the increased risk of inflammatory processes and temporary worsening of vision. You have to be especially careful to follow all the doctor's recommendations: you should not wash your face, close your eyes too tightly, use cosmetics, strain your eyesight, it is advised to wear sunglasses. Also, you must not forget to use prescription medications and undergo regular check-ups.
Two weeks after the operation. The patient begins to return to normal life. It is allowed to increase eye strain - computer work, physical activity, etc. However, restrictions on alcohol intake, the use of mascara and other individual restrictions from the doctor remain in force.
One month later. About this time, the cornea of the eye is fully recovered from surgery. Driving a car and flying to other countries is allowed. But visits to an ophthalmologist, regular observation, and the use of medications remain necessary. Regular examinations allow you to assess the dynamics of recovery of the eye structures, to prevent the development of possible late complications, and to remain confident that your eyes are really healthy.
- Painlessness. The operation is performed with anesthetic drops, but without injections or anesthesia.
- Promptness. The whole procedure takes not more than 15 minutes.
- No hospitalization.
- Simultaneous correction. A possibility to make correction on two eyes at a time during one visit.
- Fast recovery period.
- High efficiency indexes.
- Cornea does not become cloudy after surgery.
- No contraindications for future childbirth.
- Large dioptres for correction. Indications for patients with myopia (-15.0D), hyperopia (+6.0D), astigmatism (±3.0D).
- Age. In most cases the surgery is possible only at the age of 18 to 45.
- Diagnostic indications. The operation is not suitable for myopia over 12 diopters, astigmatism, and hyperopia over 6 diopters.
- Peculiarities of the cornea. Correction is not performed if the cornea is thin or flat.
- Pregnancy or lactation. The best moment to have the surgery either before conception or after breast feeding.
High effectiveness and efficiency of laser vision correction has made it one of the most demanded ophthalmologic procedures not only in Ukraine, but all over the world. Ukrainian doctors have been performing such surgeries for several years for foreign patients and have demonstrated their level of skill and professionalism.
UAmedTOURS invites you to undergo Lasik laser vision correction in Ukraine and be sure of excellent service, high quality and availability of Ukrainian medicine.
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to be a substitute for such advice or treatment by a personal physician. All readers of this material are advised to consult their own physicians or qualified health care professionals. UAmedTOURS is not responsible for the possible health consequences to any person or persons reading or following the information contained in this educational content. All readers of this content, especially those who take prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before making any changes in their diet, lifestyle, taking pills, or other facts that may affect your physical and psychological health.